Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:. The CFO will be responsible for directing and managing the financial affairs, as well as the risk management of the credit union to ensure its growth, safety, and soundness. The CFO role will sit on the Asset Liability Management Committee and be responsible for adherence to GAAP, the investment portfolio, forecasting, budgeting, financial/profitability reporting, compliance, internal audit, and act as a liaison to external auditors and examiners.
- Provides Leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Oversee all aspects of Finance & Accounting of the organization
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of short and long-range planning introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and reporting.
- Provide recommendations to enhance financial performance.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulator laws.
- Act as a liaison to external auditors and examiners Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational School or some college courses
- Associate’s Degree, Trade or Technical School
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Doctoral Degree
*Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA or CPA highly desirable Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or
- 3 years years experience working in a Financial Institution (Preferred)
- 3 years experience working in Accounting (Preferred)
- Finding new ways to serve members and employees while focusing on managing budgets and processes to reduce costs
- Knowledge of technical and professional principles and skills of accounting and financial institution finance.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Decision Making What is the nature of the direct supervision that is provided to the incumbent of this position? General guidance is given – periodical checking
Directly responsible for supervising non-exempt, clerical, or office administrative personnel
Job Title to which this position reports: CEO
Job Titles directly reporting to this position:
None at this time, but this is a leadership position for all staff. Would be responsible for hiring additional accounting staff in the future.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
Physical surroundings: Office building, computer equipment
Physical Effort: May require some lifting up to 50 lbs. for computer equipment etc. Domestic/International Travel: This position would attend conferences domestically approximately 1-2 times per year.
Extensive Hours: Generally 8 to 5 Monday through Friday. May require evenings or weekends if special projects or time sensitive issues arise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions. Services Center FCU, reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business. Services Center Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.